Lowe's Canada - 55890 - Etobicoke
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams from the Lowe’s, RONA, Réno-Dépôt, and Dick’s Lumber banners across Canada are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
So if you're looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills. You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools!
The Customer Service Associate / Loader operates forklifts, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles, transport materials and prepare loads for delivery.
- Perform routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicles, advising supervisor of required repairs
- Complete forklift inspection sheet daily
- Prepare orders for delivery, including identifying, locating, and securing material, as per shipping memo and completed paperwork
- Build and arrange customer orders and load onto vehicles, giving consideration to safety and security of load, minimizing potential for damage in transport, order of use by customers, and routing of the vehicle.
- Secure the load to the vehicle
- Receive returned material
- Complete sold sticker for redelivery or return material to stock as directed
- Consistently complete stock warning slips in a timely fashion
- Check prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, take the required measure to correct as needed
- Act as a driver’s helper as required, assisting drivers with unloading manually and transporting material
- Assist with general yard and warehouse maintenance, removing debris and straightening lifts
The qualifications we are looking for:
- At least 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information
- At least 6 months of experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, PalmPilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information
- At least 6 months of retail experience
- At least 6 months of experience as a Loader at other home improvement or hardware retailers
- At least 6 months of retail merchandising experience, including performing Zone Recovery, stocking, downstocking, facing/fronting products, pricing, maintaining signage, and housekeeping
- At least 6 months of experience in any industry inspecting, carrying, loading, and unloading products or materials in or out of vehicles
- Ability to lift 26-50 pounds without assistance many times a day, 51-75 pounds without assistance daily, and 76-100 pounds with assistance daily
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.