Lowe's Canada - 55890 - Etobicoke
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service more than 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Reporting to the Coach, DDC, the L5 Driver is responsible for delivering products using a Class 1A- type truck. They also drive the Moffett forklift and operate the boom truck.
- Drive a trailer truck (Class 1)
- Drive a forklift (Moffett) and crane truck (boom)
- Administer orders (invoices, payments, returns, etc.)
- Keep the truck and equipment in good and clean condition
- Inspect the truck and its equipment in accordance with RONA standards and applicable laws
- Load and unload trucks
- Transport goods from the site truck designated by the customer, respecting standards and service objectives
- Handle products when required
- Provide customer service according to SMART principles
- Help prepare orders and fill trucks
- Perform and participate in department maintenance
- Work in accordance with company policies and procedures on health and safety and loss prevention
- Perform any other related task as indicated by the management team
The qualifications we are looking for
- Secondary V diploma
- Class 1A driver's licence, more than 18 months of driving experience and no more than 3 demerit points in their file
- Moffett-type forklift driver's licence
- Ability to use a truck crane (boom)
- Ability to perform continuous physical work, including lifting loads of up to 23 kilograms (50 pounds)
- Ability to work outdoors 50 to 80% of the time and tolerant to cold and heat
- Ability to perform delivery administration
- Customer-service skills
- Bilingualism (an asset)
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.